Chair the Next All Hands Meeting Organizing Committee
The EarthCube Leadership Council is looking for a volunteer to Chair the 2018 All Hands Meeting Organizing Committee! EarthCube's All Hands Meetings help influence the direction of EarthCube by providing an important and energizing forum in which veteran and new EarthCube members share the progress of their projects and build community. Serving as the Chair the EarthCube All Hands Meeting Organizing Committee is one of the best ways to help shape EarthCube's future.
The All Hands Meeting Organizing Committee will comprise of several additional volunteers (besides the Chair) and will have full administrative, logistical, and communications support of the ESSO staff to implement Meeting planning activities. So expand your professional network and contribute to EarthCube!
Rewards of Volunteering:
- Build ties with multi-disciplinary geoscientists and geoinformatics professionals around the country,
- Enhance leadership abilities through consensus building and project management,
- Share experience with colleagues,
- Advance EarthCube's mission to transform how academic geoscience is performed, and
- Costs associated with AHM participation (travel, hotel, and registration) is covered by EarthCube.
Terms of Service:
The 2018 All Hands Meeting will take place June 6-8, 2017. The Chair of the All Hands Meeting should be able to commit 1-4 hours a week from October 2017 through June 2018.
For more information, please contact James Davies: email@example.com.